Guide to Yankee League Swim Meets
Below are the rules and guidelines to follow to insure that our meets are successful as can be:
- If you arent early, youre late: Wizards must be on deck and ready to swim no later than 15 minutes before warmup.
- Swimmers must be wearing team suits and team caps at meets. Caps will be provided the day of the first meet and are a gift from our generous parents club. Any high school girls may use their high school team suit at meets.
- Anything that a swimmer takes on deck with them should have that swimmers name on it suits, goggles, towels, shirts etc many of these items are identical and can be easily misplaced.
- No ipods, gameboys, cell phones or anything of the sort shall be allowed on deck: Any contraband bought on deck will be confiscated, swimmers could be subject to further discipline. A book or cards are allowed.
- Swimmers must be on deck and in swim attire from warmup to the final cheer at the end of the meet all swimmers compete in all our meets, and it is our job to support each other as a team. Swimmers cannot change until after the final cheer.
- No wet swimmers in the stands.
- Unless working, parents MUST stay in the stands or lobby area and MUST NOT be on deck.
- The meet lineup - with all event heat and lane assignments is posted at the pool during practice the week of a meet.
- Parents please volunteer we will be looking for workers numerous jobs during the meet, so please look for sign up sheets.
- If there are extenuating circumstances that you know will require you to leave early or arrive late to a meet please speak with Coach Sean no later than 2 weeks before that meet.
- Please make Coach Sean aware of any upcoming absences ASAP.
- Swimmers must participate in five (5) meets to qualify in trials. If there are extenuating circumstances that cause a swimmer to participate in less than 5 meets, please speak with Coach Sean.